Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cheap Wine


Once I decided there were white wines I like, I decided I should definitely find cheap whites I like. Trader Joe's is always good for cheap wine. By cheap I mean under $8. Once you hit $10, that's starting to get pricey.

Today I got a bottle of Dancing Bull Sauvignon Blanc. It was $6.99 It was light and a little sweet. According to the winemaker, it is "crisp and clean with bright grapefruit notes balanced by tropical fruit and a hint of herbaceousness. The nose is filled with aromas of green apple, kiwi, lime, and peach highlighted by notes of green bell pepper. The mouth is very juicy... " I never come up with all those comparisons but I know it went pretty well with my yummy smoked salmon rollup.

1 comment:

JohnnyB said...

We went to Charthouse yesterday. I got grilled Chilean sea bass and the waiter recommended a chardoney to go with it. I wasn't paying the bill, but i didn't want to be extravagent, so I got aglass of the least expensive brand (cheap wine). It was good. It tasted just fine with the sea bass. I don't think I have a sophisticated palette, so maybe I'm just easily pleased.