Sunday, November 9, 2008

Zin From TJ's

A while back I posted about the Petit Verdot at Trader Joe's which I did enjoy. As Jason pointed out, it disappeared quickly from stores. Today, when I visited TJ's there was no more to be found. Interestingly enough the wine guy's name at my TJ's is Jason. He told me that if I liked that Petit Verdot, he thought I'd like the Trader Joe's Reserve Zinfandel. It is the white label bottle which Jason said are TJ's Reserve wines. Like the Petit, this was $10 (really 9.99). At first sip I wasn't sure I liked it; it was a little too much tannin for me. But it grew on me as I sipped it while sitting and watching The Da Vinci Code. I think a bold red is the perfect wine for the movie.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Have you come across a wine you *haven't* liked??? :p