Sunday, October 19, 2008

Trader Joe's Petit Verdot

Today I stopped at Trader Joe's to pick up a few snacks for my next road trip. I walked through the wine aisle to browse. The wine guy was just getting ready to set up for some wine tasting but my BNFC and I didn't have time to hang around. I asked him he thought was nice red for the afternoon. He suggested Trader Joe's Reserve Petit Verdot 2006 from Paso Robles. He said he loves it. I wanted something red but a little softer than Cabernet Sauvignon and he said this would fit the bill.

I uncorked it late this afternoon and so far I'm loving it. At 9.99 it's a little pricey for my brother and Jason but it's well worth the dime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not too pricey if it comes with a recommendation :) Just too pricey for me to be the guinea pig. I actually tried to get a bottle tonight at my regular Trader Joe's but they were out. I'll try another one soon. Thanks for making the connection (and presumably referral) to Johnny B.

Anonymous said...

It was limited supply and is gone in the warehouse.