Thursday, June 12, 2008

Snooth

I have no idea what a 'snooth' is but the site has a nice search utility to look for wines. You don't have to register unless you decide to buy. You can type something in the search bar and you can also filter your search with the sliders on the left side. Search by price, varietal, region or merchant. I was looking for some cheap pinots. I found several in the $10 range. I'm a little disappointed in the ratings only because there aren't a lot. I really like the huge selection though and it is fun looking around and reading about the wines.

To be honest, my favorite part is changing the sliders and seeing the results. :-)

UPDATED: To reflect the comment by Philip James (from Snooth, I think!) who says you don't even have to register to buy wine. Now, that's cool! Also, if you go to the "About Us" which I should have done before, you'll learn all about the name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - thanks very much for the mention. Just wanted to correct, that you dont have to be a registered user to buy the wines, you would just register if you want to review, or if you want us to give you recommendations etc.

Thanks again