Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pricey Wine

It is hard for me to justify spending more that $20 on a bottle of wine. There are so many wines I like that don't cost that much, so I cringe at the expense. BUT..there are some winery where the wine is just so good that I don't mind spending extra. Armida, Artiste, and Hanna to name a few.

This year on our annual Passport trip to El Dorado, I found a great Viognier that I almost didn't buy. The retail price was $38 and so I initially said, no way. But then our group bought so much wine that I could buy at $28 a bottle and I caved. It was worth it. This Viognier from Madrona is just delicious. It is smooth and fruity but not too sweet. I'd point you to a link to buy it but they don't have it on the wine list. It may be you have to go to the winery to get it. When we tasted it, the wine maker told us he doesn't typically like Viognier and so this one is special. And it really is. I wish now I'd bought more.
>

No comments: