Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pahrumphh!


I've known of the existence of the Pahrump Valley Winery for some time but have never really taken it seriously. Off and on, I've thought about going out there to check it out but just never gotten around to it. Finally, my friend Scott and I decided it was time to take the trip and check the place out. Pahrump is about an hour outside of Las Vegas. The land of double wides and brothels. I pretty much expected to sip some rotgut in a shed somewhere in the desert just to make sure I didn't die of thirst.

Boy,was I surprised.


The winery is a bright diamond in the desert. The staff is extraordinarily nice and the wine was quite tasty. I have to say I really didn't enjoy the Pinot Noir or the Burgundy but I liked the Chardonnay, the Pinot Gris, the Syrah, the Cabernet and the Cream Sherry. I bought a case. And the prices are quite palatable as well.

After our wine tasting we had lunch at the restaurant, Symphony's. The lobster bisque was delicious and the apple salad was delightful. We shared a bottle of the Peak White which is nice and crisp. The restaurant is small with windows all around. The service is excellent and the prices are reasonable. i will be going back soon.

I'd recommend a trip out the the winery to anyone, local or tourist.
Type rest of the post here

2 comments:

JohnnyB said...

wai not Japan?
http://mdn.mainichi.jp/culture/waiwai/news/20080612p2g00m0dm012000c.html
waiwai, indeed

Sue said...

Wouldn't load. :-(