Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wine Cooler

When I got my new refrigeratorl I decided I should also have a wine cooler. Now I have a cute little 30 bottle cooler. The box says it can hold 36 bottles but they must be referring to those thinner dessert wine bottles because I have 29 bottles in there and can't fit one more. Two hare fatter champagne bottles so I might get 30 bottles in there eventually. Or, if I become a dessert wine aficionado, 36.

I'm glad to have the cooler, not only because I can have several white wines ready to go without filling my refrigerator up, but also because I can now leave the house without worrying that the air conditioning might go out. If the A/C is out during the summer the heat inside can get up to 90+ degrees and that might be the end of my red wines.

I understand the power might but it will probably kick back in before the house gets to 90 degrees and, even if it doesn't, the cooler will give some wiggle room - but not enough for extra bottles of wine. :-)

No comments: