Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cooking With Wine

When I made this casserole the other night. I added some nice Barbera from Tre Anelli. This tasting room nestled in Los Olivos has some very nice reds, like the Barbera I used. I also picked up a nice Grenache from them. Somewhere I read/heard that Grenache is the new Pinot Noir; a new favorite of the masses. I've also read you should never use wine in cooking that you wouldn't drink. I followed that rule and I had a glass of the same wine with my meal. Delicious!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Was it also an homage to the Neverland Ranch?

Sue said...

I hadn't intend it but now that you mention it I will consider it my toast to Michael.

Unknown said...

I think one of the most important task that you'll have to do is choosing right wine for your food and wine's right quantity is important when you are cooking with wine. good wine enhances the flavor of food.
Vintage wines