Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Let It Rest

I've come to accept that I probably won't post here on a regular daily or even a weekly basis. I just don't drink enough wine. I love wine and I love to discuss wine, but unless I start opening a bottle or two every day, I just won't have enough to say. So come back now and again. I'm going to aim for posting at least three or four times a month.

Today's lesson: I've learned recently that sometimes I should refrain from judging a wine until it has been allowed to sit for a bit. Especially with Viognier, I've noticed that the first sip might be disappointing but if I let the open bottle sit for 15 minutes, I like it much better. Yesterday I opened a Stonehedge Reserver Old Vine Zin and I wasn't too pleased with it. It was way too sweet. I drank one glass and then re-corked the bottle. Tonight I poured another glass and steeled myself to pour the bottle out if it was too sweet. Surprisingly it seems to have improved greatly and so I'll finish the bottle.d

No comments: